May 14, 2012

Additional Bloodwork Results

In the last blog post, I mentioned Dr. K was also having a battery of additional (not WBC/RBC/hemoglobin, hematocrit, etc.*) tests performed on my blood. She looked at Vitamin D, calcium, and thyroid levels - to name a few.

Just a few minutes ago I received a call from Dr. K's office. ALL of the additional bloodwork orders she requested came in...within normal ranges!!! This is so totally super-duper fantastic. I'm doing a little happy dance in my robe this morning! Whew.

So no need to have additional vitamins or supplements at this time. Feels great to be off the many meds I've been on the past year. I'm cruisin' on D3 supplements...and that's it. I've asked for a copy of the results so I can look them over myself.

YAY!!!

*Bloodwork results from last Monday indicated that my WBC, RBC, hemoglobin, hematocrit, mean platelet volume, and neutrophil levels were all still below normal range. This is expected, given that I had chemo 3 weeks prior and no Neulasta shot to help boost some of those levels. However, these numbers are all on the way up and should continue increasing. I suspect my blood will be drawn again next week when I have the clinical trial follow-up appointment and I'll happily share those results when they're known.

6 comments:

~ AKJ ~ said...

WOOHOOOO!!!

Linda said...

Do you feel a vibration in the ground coming your way? I'm doing a happy dance in Oklahoma -- good news indeed!

Anonymous said...

That's great news! Let's all do the happy dance together!

Amber said...

Thanks for the updates Laura! I'm so glad that everything is looking so good and you had such a good appointment. It's amazing how much has happened and how far you have come since I saw you just last May. XOXO, Am

Chana said...

Wonderful news!!!!!

Laura said...

Thanks for celebrating with me - from near and far!

Am: yes - it's amazing to look at the year in review - a LOT of changes for a LOT of people, eh?