October 24, 2012

A Reminder

Everyone knows what's being plastered everywhere this month: pink. And you all know why. 'Nuff said. 

Like most people, I tend to be attracted to fun, enjoyable things and shy away from painful stuff. I also like smatterings of cheeky, irreverent stuff too. The video below is a lighthearted (and good looking!) take on breast health. Please watch it (< 2.5 minutes). You can choose to take it one step further and download The Man Reminder app (available on iPhone and Andriod). But really - the best action you can take is to give your breasts some TLC...regularly.



For those of you (female and male) that still have their originals, puh-lease touch, look, and check your boobies! Several times this month, I've ran into several women in the medical field that admit not doing their breast self exams regularly. Why aren't we all more mindful about our own health? Wouldn't it be great to really know your body - so much so that at the first hint of something being "off," you'd recognize it? Being that familiar with your (or your loved one's) boobies can really make a difference, medically speaking.

6 comments:

Alexis said...

What a great video - those men sure would motivate me to stay on top of my monthly BSE's!!! I might just have to download that app! By the way love your hair in the previous post's picture!

Hope you don't mind, but I need to share this video with others - I'm sure that other women would love to see it!

Laura said...

@Alexis: I rec'd this video from a friend...so - yes! Share away. The message is important, the video is easy on the eyes...why not pass it along if it gets one person to start doing BSEs regularly! Thx for hair compliment, too.

Sandy said...

Ok now! I don't think I will ever forget the "TLC" after watching that! I particularly liked the wrap up ending! Oh yes! Let's make it fun! I love you sweet niece!

Amber said...

Great video! Thanks for sharing Laura! Downloaded the app!

Linda said...

Now this is what I call a highly entertaining way to motivate BSE's. Awesome and thanks for the reminder!

Laura said...

See? It made you look - and some of you downloaded the app. Heck, even I did. Glad you all enjoyed the entertaining message about getting to know your bodies.