October 31, 2013

Missing You



My friend Stephanie passed away last weekend.

Steph in Texas, June 2013.
Toasting to the last night a group of us spent there.
Steph came into my life because of breast cancer. If it weren't for us both being diagnosed and having met another BC "sister," I'm not sure our paths would have ever crossed. What a tremendous gain it's been to have her in my life.

Although in many ways the cards were stacked against her, she "just kept living" - and I mean really living! She did everything she could to be an active mom in her children's life, to be a loving wife, and to be a true friend.

I'm missing her so much. Her wit, her smile, her amazing eyes, her depth of personality, her wisdom, her zest for living life, and so much more.

The seeds of love and friendship she planted while alive will continue to grow and cultivate in years to come.

Oh, Steph. I will miss you so. You are loved!

The Can-Cans. June 2013.
An unforgettable trip together.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Like you Laura, Stephanie was beautiful inside and out. She graced so many lives with her calm assurance and peacefulness. Yes, she is and will be missed.

Sandy said...

I am so thankful the two of you had such special time together! Just as she impacted your life, so you did for her. Yes, she was so beautiful and when you meet her...you know her! Such an open wonderful young lady! I pray for strength, special memories and continued opportunities with her family - you mean a lot to them too! I wish I could wash some of the pain away, but please know I love you so very much and am alway here for you. (Wish I was THERE!)

Gerda said...

I was so sorry to read this news. What a beautiful blog you have created in her memory.

Wish I was closer to comfort you, but know I'm thinking of you.
Gerda

Alexis said...

Laura - I am so sorry for your loss. It seems that you found a special friendship with Stephanie & I hope that you can smile when you remember all the good times you shared together!

~Alexis.

Amber said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Laura. But thank you for sharing her with us. It sounds like she was a special person and a special friend. I'm so glad you had the chance to know her. Thinking of you and your other sisters.

Laura said...

Thank you all for your thoughtful comments and support. It means a great deal to me to share what a powerful impact she had in my life. We should all love our time today!