February 3, 2014

This Side of Cancer

A Vanderbilt-produced video of three cancer survivors and what their lives are like "on this side of cancer." This pulled at my heartstrings:

(Don't know what's up with the weird wording that shows up - it wasn't in the video originally - just ignore it.)


Your focus is different.
You take nothing for granted.
You cherish every moment. 
You adapt to a "new normal." 

We all have different ways of getting through it. 

A new beginning. A second chance...to live. 



3 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh My! That pulled at my heart strings too! Laura, I know I can't imagine how you feel, but I know what I have seen you go through and from my perspective, you are living well, taking each day as a new day, finding new opportunities and continually growing! I love you!

Laura said...

Thanks for watching the video - and for your comment, Sandy. Love you too!

Linda said...

I love to watch you live well, live strong, and live with love.