June 2, 2012

The Greenest Juice of All

May 27 marked the day of superior juicing quantities. We practically juiced our bladders out and had to...um...expel the liquids often. What follows are some shots of the making of the greenest juice of all that day.

Joshua piled a special concoction of raw ingredients into the Vitamix.
Ingredients:  lots of chard, 6 little peppers, fresh ginger, water 
He blended until the consistency was uniform and "just right." Then he poured the contents into a milk nut bag. Mom was on squeeze duty (hey, someone had to take pictures!) - this was so we would be drinking pure juice sans fiber.

Squeezing pure juice from the milk nut bag.

The resulting ball of fiberous goo was weird, devoid of most color, and would be great for composting!

Joshua plays with his fiber.

Poured into stylish vessels, of course. It's all about presentation!


Then it was down the hatch!





5 comments:

Vickie Aversman said...

Jordan would be "green" with envy at all you're doing. Right up his alley! I'll tell him when he gets home--he is in Peru right now! As for me, my own personal juice fest would probably only consist of the juice from grapes! Congratulations to you guys.

Laura said...

Vickie - yes, please DO share with Jordan. I doubt he'd be green about EVERYthing I'm doing...but I do know what you mean! :) Juice as you're able. Grapes are yummy - ever freeze them and pop them in when you want a sweet snack to cool you down?

Vickie Aversman said...

Yes ma'am! Those are one of my favorite ways to eat grapes. The other favorite way to consume juice from grapes is to let them "age" a bit! Probably not as healthy as your way! But fun! Keep on doing what you're doing--it's obviously working very well for you. Take care.

Monica said...

This juicing / fast is very intriguing. I think I might have to try this. Nice work!!!

Laura said...

If you do, Monica...let us know what you think! I love the green juices and smoothies. :)