September 27, 2013

At Long Last

Our long awaited, highly anticipated, much talked about trip is starting today and it feels . . . a little odd to both of us!


Early on during chemo treatments, Joshua and I started dreaming about what we were going to do / where we were going to go once all the treatments, surgeries, radiation, and recovery were over. Talking together about this trip throughout the past few years has been a light at the end of a long tunnel - for us both. It gave us something good to look forward to and focus on throughout some trying times.

So the time is nigh for us to get out and play!
Make memories!
Enjoy time with just the two of us.
Do only what we want to do.
We're ready.

3 comments:

Alexis said...

congratulations! You both deserve this trip. When we went on our trip last year, we called it a "Celebracation" (celebratory vacation). Enjoy every moment!!!!

Sandy said...

Yee Hawwww!!!! YES!Awesome!I am so thankful you were able to "fly, fly, away!" I know you will have a wonderful time and I look forward to seeing "some" of the pics! I love you both so very much!!!!

Laura said...

Alexis: I like your trip smashup name! It was wonderful. :)