March 23, 2012

Spring has Sprung!

Spring is here!
This week I've felt strong and healthy. It's great to bounce back dramatically within just a few weeks. The difference between weeks 1, 2, and 3 is remarkable. Feeling and noticing all of the differences through the weeks helps give me the mental boost to know I'll recover again after treatments #3 and #4. Sometimes, during that first week post-treatment, doubtful thoughts do creep in occasionally.

I've been trying to catch up on communications with people this week. The list is long and deep and I am doing my best to stay afloat in the sea of communication...but admit I'm getting a little waterlogged.

The rec center pool this morning.


Speaking of water... The clinical trial doc officially ok'd me attending a water aerobics class during part of my chemo cycle (when my counts are higher), which has been so much fun. I went twice this week! Aah...the smell of chlorine...the good workout...the nearly insatiable hunger afterwards... I'm not able to swim laps yet, but I'll get there eventually.

What a great week - the first official day of spring was this week and I'm seeing nature's promise of new beginnings and growth everywhere. It cheers me up to see buds on trees, flowers blooming, and no snow on the ground! (Oh yeah, and did I mention the hair growing on my head, too? Amazing.) Look at what a difference a week makes:

This orchid just began to flower last weekend. 

This pic was taken mid-week.



Look at it bloom! This is what it looks like today.

Something else that was fun this week: craft time! Mom and I went to Hobby Lobby and loaded up on supplies to make spring wreaths for our front doors. This was a project you could get the supplies for and successfully finish in a day. They're cute and I'm sure we'll be making more!
Crafty supplies.

My simplistic wreath.

Mom's wreath.

This weekend the weather should be spectacular! 75-80 degrees and total sunshine - bring it on. Saturday I have a date with a couple of gal pals which should be fun. Looking forward to that! For Sunday, I have a mystery date - well, at least I know who it's with. Joshua invited me out for an all-day date. I don't know much more other than it'll include some light hiking and walking; the rest is a mystery. How fun to have a couple of events to look forward to this weekend right before the next infusion!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Laura,

I'm so glad you are doing better and enjoying the beginnings of Spring. I think of you often and wish I was there to enjoy the flowers with you! XOXO Am

Ashley said...

LOVE that you got some crafty time in! Hope it was thoroughly satisfying and inspiring. :)