January 19, 2012

Last Day of Radiation

Today gets a two thumbs up rating.
This is it! It's finally here. After my bolus-enhanced radiation today, I'm done with radiation! In the photo, I look tired because I am tired. -- I guess the cumulative effect of radiation is catching up with me a bit, and today required at 6:45am wake-up, which doesn't help with looking good in morning photos.

Luckily, my skin didn't blister or peel. It is dry and sunburned and itchy, but now it has a few weeks to heal before the clinical trial starts. And I'll continue to do daily stretches for the rest of the year to keep my muscles and skin as supple as possible.

I'm hitting the road soon for a dental appointment, hair trim (yeah, I'm getting one), seeing family, then radiation. Woo-hoo!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And look at all that hair!

Anonymous said...

Loved, loved that you included us in your special celebration today!! Sorry it took me like the entire morning to discover that you were *going* to you last Rad treatment rather than *coming*! and you used our dirty guest bathroom with a smile, now that's true family!:) Cheers to mucho red velvet cupcakes!! Xxx kim

Sarah said...

Most excellent news and mark another notch on your LB-look-alike-belt ; )

Monica said...

That is awesome Laura! Way to go! Thinking of you always!

Cindy said...

Great news Laura! So happy for you- you have a happy smile!! Xoxo- Cindy

Alexis said...

Congratulations on finishing radiation! That must have been such a great feeling! Now, let the hair keep growing! Wishing you many fabulous hair styles in the future!

Amber said...

Congratulations Laura! Another milestone met!!! You deserve to celebrate. :) Amber

Erin said...

woohoo, laura!

mandi george said...

Yippeee!!!! Congrats on your radiation graduation! And I love the hair. You are always in my thoughts. Your strength and courage is amazing to us all.

Laura said...

Kim: no prob. I'm slow some days, too. The point was to spend time together and celebrate that, too!

Sarah: you never miss a thing! :)

The rest of you all: thanks for the celebratory comments. It's nice to not have that daily mid-day appointment anymore. Time to prep for the next step. And not trying to be too attached to my hair, although, that is definitely hard to do. I hope it sticks around.