January 28, 2012

My Big Fat Hair Trim

All that hair!
In an earlier post, I mentioned getting my hair cut. Okay, maybe it wasn't so much a cut as it was a trim. It's like all my hair went into super-speed growth. Something had to be done. It felt great to knock off some of the fuzzy-wuzzy hairs around my neck and ears. I even got some of the peach fuzz on my face trimmed. No hair was trimmed off the top for obvious reasons.

Although the difference is slight, it made a big difference to me. No longer can Joshua pull on my neck hair and facial fuzz. Freedom!

Part of me felt silly going in for a trim. It's likely I'll lose my hair again while on the clinical trial drug cisplatin. Still, if I'm looking good and as close to normal as possible, it helps me feel that way, too.



Profile before trim.

Profile after trim.



















Back before trim.
Back after trim.

5 comments:

Allison W. said...

You have to make up for all those missed cuts, plus its just a girlie feel good thing having you hair cut! Keep hanging in there. Soon enough it will be growing back for good!

Anonymous said...

Laura!! - This is Judy from radiation - so happy to see your pictures and beautiful family. Great to see you so full of energy and a wonderful attitude.

I finished rad. last Wednesday. I feel like a kid out of school for the summer.

will enjoy following you on your blog. I know you are going to be fine - and so am I.

Amber said...

Laura, you are looking good! Love that pretty hair of yours! :)

Cindy said...

Looking good Laura!

Laura said...

Feels great to have hair to cut. It's nearly time for a neck trim again soon...but I'll hold out and let chemo do that work for me. Thanks for your comments!