April 12, 2012

Clinical Trial: 75% Complete

Pretty flowers from a friend.
Hi folks. It's me, Laura. I've felt guilty lately for not posting every other day like I was for a while. But not guilty enough to do something about it!

Getting on the computer the week of treatment for long is a hard sell; the second week (at least this last time) I didn't feel like doing much at all. This third week is a boon for me right before my last cisplatin infusion. Last Fri/Sat, I finally turned "the" corner and started feeling remarkably better. This cycle's roller coaster ride lasted longer than the past two.

Joshua and I enjoyed a long and peaceful bike ride together last weekend. We ended up riding 10 miles. This weekend I'm sure we'll have another outdoor adventure together. It's too good to pass up with this sunny and warm springtime weather. And let's face it: I've spent a LOT of time indoors over the last year, so getting out is fun and necessary!

We continue to receive meals from folks at Joshua's work and in our neighborhood. The healthy meals are tasty and we appreciate everyone's efforts to keep my dietary needs in mind. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I cannot say it enough!

My hair is still intact. Although I lost my eyebrows, they're already making a comeback. My hair is still here. It's growing and seems to be curly now! What a riot. Doesn't matter to me, though...hair is hair! It's great to have it. The clinical trial doc says I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. According to him, that's 1 month after my last treatment. So come May 16, if my hair is still hanging on, I think that's when it's safe to do a little "I kept my hair" happy dance. Boy, would I have felt STUPID if I had forged ahead with my plan to beat chemo to the punch by mohawking my hair back in early February. So glad I didn't do that...

So what's next? That seems to be the natural question at this point. Well, not so fast, you movers and shakers. That's for a future blog post.  :)  One step at a time. For now, I hope you enjoy reading this post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curly hair-cool!! Thanks for the update. You continue to amaze me--such courage and honesty with beautiful humor. Love you! Kim

Amber said...

Thanks for the update Laura! You are doing so great! Can't wait to see that curly hair!!! XOXO, Amber

Laura said...

Drr. Yeah, pictures would be nice to show the curls. I'll try to post one soon. Thanks Kim and Amber!