April 30, 2012

Photo Shoot with Chana

I have a friend that loves taking photos. I'd venture so far as to say it's a passion of hers. Chana has great natural talent in photo composition and framing subjects. For some time, she's shared her family vacation photos with me. Many of her pictures are carefully crafted and make fantastic artwork.

At one of my doctor's offices, I found a book called Cup Half Full: Life in the Face of Breast Cancer. Looking at those pictures was a powerful experience for me and got me ruminating about documenting parts of this journey with Chana's help. I shared the Cup Half Full images with her; we also saw the SCAR project documentary together.  

The weekend prior to the clinical trial start date (early Feb'12), Chana came to our house for a photo shoot. Joshua and I didn't exactly know what we were doing, but tried out best to be good subjects for her camera. Thank you, Chana, for the gifts of your time, energy, and creativity. 

We think the resulting photographs are wonderful! We'd like to share some of the G-rated pictures with you. 












7 comments:

~ AKJ ~ said...

Absolutely wonderful.

A said...

love every one of them, but the one with the blond wig is scary it brings back memories when Josh was a blond, I never asked him do blond's have more fun ??????

I wished your friend took our pictures she has a rare talent in seeing beauty.....

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. Some people might not be as open about documenting the struggle, but your pictures show the love and humor that has sustained you through this. Thank you for sharing that with us as well.

Joe said...

I enjoyed the photos! But, my next question is when do we, your admiring and devoted blog-watchers, qualify as "worthy" to view the next level of photos? We've now seen you and Joshua in pink hair, new 'doos, and trou' celeb... what else could there possibly be? Hmmm... !

Chana said...

Doing this photo shoot was truly a wonderful experience for me. Having the opportunity to capture my friends during this part of their lives, through the eyes of my camera, was a priceless and moving experience. Thank you Laura and Joshua for this. I am looking forward to the next session.

Jo Myers said...

True Love is in these photos.

Laura said...

Thanks for your positive comments, blog readers! I love revisiting these photos from time to time.

Joe: not appropriate!