December 11, 2011

Cooks in the Kitchen

Open-faced veggie sandwiches with sliced cucumbers. Mmm!
Buddha bowl, organic chicken, asparagus, and avodaco.

A big thank you to the folks who have taken on my dietary guidelines as a cooking challenge. At first, I thought my dietary restrictions would do me in...that I wouldn't be strong enough to follow them. However, it's now been nearly 6 months and I've followed them well. Yes, there have been exceptions and they are not every day, nor do I want them to become that way.

Joshua wholeheartedly dove into the alkaline diet with me. His first trip to the grocery store back in June/July took nearly 2 hours, but he found a TON of things that I could eat, and was careful to check ingredients on everything before purchasing. Isn't that wonderful? Surely not every breast cancer individual is so fortunate. He really has taken this on as a culinary challenge! He cooks for us with love.

A good number of other folks - work mates, neighbors, friends, family - have taken to the cooking challenge, too. Thanks so much for your help with meals! Although we do enjoy prepping and cooking together, it is a huge relief during these times to not have to plan meals, get groceries, and prepare food for every meal of the week. Your help is appreciated by both of us!
Adam didn't know the diameter of a portabello
could be that large!

Mmm...portabello fajitas!

No comments: