December 14, 2011

An Interview with Jo Myers

On the right-hand side of this blog, you'll see links to "Other BC Blogs of Interest." One of those blogs is Jo's. Another BC survivor, someone on my team of professionals, told me about her site and that she had a unique personality. I was all ears and uber curious! Immediately I went home and checked out her blog.

LOVED IT. Her sense of humor resonated deep within me. Her upfront nature stood out among others. Her bright pink wig? - Wait, I have that same one! The power and positivity behind her blog gave me a shot of adrenaline each time I read a new post. And seeing someone just ahead of me in the journey gave me more hope.

Long story short, I was a blurker on her blog for a few months before I gathered the guts to send her an email to both comment on her blog and introduce myself. We corresponded back and forth for a few weeks and eventually met in person. The second time we got together, Jo interviewed me for one of her "Club C" posts she does on her blog. I was excited, nervous, anxious, and sweaty!

Listen to the fruits of her labor here: 
Let me/us know what you think about what you hear. (The audio is in QuickTime format, and may take a while to load.)

Christopher Walken (Jo) and John Malkovich (me).
Can you see the resemblance?

We're pretty when we smile.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You both are fabulous ladies. LOVED the interview and so glad you found each other!!!

Vickie Aversman said...

Loved the interview. You sound so good and it's nice to hear your voice instead of just reading your posts. Keep up the faith and thanks for keeping us in the loop. Have a blessed Christmas and only the best for the coming New Year!

Laura said...

A few folks have asked about how to listen to the audio of the interview. Here's how:

Go to Jo's web site (from link in my post). That will take you to her blog post about our interview. The picture collage of the two of us at the top of that post is linked to a Quicktime file. You should see a play button on the lower left-hand side of that top picture (it may take time to load). Click the play button, make sure your speakers are on and volume is up, and it should work. Hope you listen - it was a fun interview!