December 29, 2011

Eve of 2011/2012

Happy New Year's Eve, blog readers and blurkers.

Since about 1999, this day of the year has passed without much pomp and circumstance. This year, we're doing something different: we're getting together with Karen and Kris - a couple that are in our lives now thanks to BC. I met Karen earlier this summer at a Look Good, Feel Better event that...well, that never happened on the day we met. Her mother (Kathy) was with her and my aunt Sandy was with me. Thanks to Kathy suggesting we sit in a room and talk about our experiences, we exchanged "war stores" about our breast cancer experience so far and exchanged contact information. Since then, we've stuck to checking in on each other and meeting up when we're able. I'm excited to share New Year's Eve with Karen, Kris, and some of their friends.

I'm fully aware the coming year will be a continuation of my treatment; still, 2012 holds promise for us. It's exciting to be 6+ months into the BC journey and feeling mentally and physically well. I have a glimmer back in my eyes. I'm living more in the present and yet looking to the future with hopes, dreams, and realistic expectations.

As Jo aptly commented earlier this week: "Happy New Year (it better be)." I couldn't have said it better myself, Jo!

Here's to kicking cancer's ass for GOOD in 2012!

Me and Karen - Dec. 18, 2011.
We're proud of our short, sexy hair!

No comments: