August 12, 2012

Surgery Week in Pics

So much to say...and sometimes pictures do just as good a job. I'm letting the photos do most of the work this time.

Pre-surgery:
As was mentioned in a prior blog post, Aunt Sandy was in town for an extended stay both before and after surgery, which was real neat. Dad flew into town the day of surgery (teamwork: Sandy picked him up at the airport during my surgery) and stayed with us to be a helper through the first week.

Talk about fashion! I "got" to wear all this for surgery.
No beanie needed this time since I had hair.
Do you SEE those undies? Ha, ha, ha!


"They" had to put a square sticky
thing over my nose piercing.
No metal allowed in the OR.

The "happy juice" in full effect.

Post-surgery:
This picture is as clear as I was in the recovery room.


My first peek. "Wow - it looks different!"

Back at the hacienda that night:
As Joshua put it: "narcotic sleeping Laura."

Day after surgery:
Sandy took a pic of us sitting down to eat together.


Randomness: tomatoes Joshua picked from our garden
the day after surgery. YUM!

Cheerful flowers from my dad.
A nice touch to the house atmosphere.

 Later that week:
Eating watermelon for dessert outdoors.

Dad bravely took me and mom out for a while.
Can you believe he caved to a stop at Hobby Lobby?
Very cool. And you'll notice he got something there, too!
And yes - I went in my surgical bra and nightgown. 

A surprise from Uncle Nolton! :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Love the pictures! You look fabulous Laura! Sounds like you are surrounded by wonderful helpers. Take care and speedy recovery! XOXO

Laura said...

Amber - thanks so much. Your constant encouragement is admirable. Thanks for following along and celebrating life with me!