August 8, 2011

Adam

Adam in Seattle...displaying the ample comfort
of said recliner.
My brother has always been a generous guy. Still, I'm feeling quite "special" that he wanted to offload his coveted recliner here in Colorado on his way to New York. I've got it on a long-term loan, and am so appreciative to have a big, cushy chair to sit and sleep in. It's hard to be or get comfortable in the days immediately following chemo treatments. My stomach is "unsure," my body is weak, and I begin experiencing bone pain. All not fun stuff. This chair is really great to have - it can allow me to eat snacks throughout the day and nap soon afterwards while not technically "laying down" - a no-no. :)

It's impossible to just say "thanks for the recliner, Adam" without showing HOW the recliner got here. To begin, a picture to accurately illustrate just how jam-packed Adam's 4Runner was. See the shiny surface behind Adam? That's one piece of the recliner.

Just enough room for driver and passenger.
And that's pretty much it.

Next up, a picture of Jeney trying her darndest to pull the recliner base out of the driver-side back door. It budged - a lot. But then there was this little piece of metal...on the base of the chair...

Go, Jeney, go!

We all realized that yep - the recliner would have to be unloaded through the back of the car. Which meant EVERYTHING else had to be unloaded first. Not quite what the dynamic duo had planned, but they were up for the task. Onlookers helped some.

A place for everything and everything in its place.

Aww, yeah! Happy to have a cushy chair a la my "little" brother!


Adam, without getting too squishy on this blog, I want to acknowledge your generosity and thank you. I know you *heart* this recliner; it was going to make the move with you regardless. I appreciate you leaving it here on a semi-permanent basis so I can kick back and relax a little, tolerate chemo effects better, and sleep while not laying horizontal. I will think of you each time I'm in it. Like a big, brother-sister hug.

Although he dropped it off, he still wanted to sit on it.
:)
Who knew we looked so much alike, anyway?

3 comments:

Laura Bee said...

Great post! What a nice way for Adam to help you get cozy and a little more comfortable.

Vickie Aversman said...

Yes you do look so much alike. I can see both parents in you--an amazing thing. I look forward to seeing you this weekend. You are fantastic and your brother too. Much credit to your wonderful parents. Love you and see you soon, Vickie Aversman

Amber said...

Aren't little brothers the best! Great job Adam! :)

Amber