August 5, 2011

Movin' Mom

So I'm behind on blog posts. Big deal. Cut the cancer chick some slack! I'm coming out of quite the rollercoaster low...this past chemo treatment was like no other. Anyway, I'm happy to report that I'm on the uphill side of things today - so here's a blog post that should have been posted a couple of weeks ago.

On July 16, mom and Brandon (my cousin) rolled into town in a HUGE truck affectionately called "Big Bird 1." (Why Big Bird 1? Because yes, there was a Big Bird 2 - only not as big as the first.) It was a shiny, newish Penske truck with only 2,000 miles on it, superior A/C, and a cab way up in the sky. They looked like weary travelers when they rode in, but no doubt they were happy to have made the OK->CO drive in a single day.

Dad cooked up some good food for all of us and we sat down and ate family-style.

The next day, mom was witness to a Herculean effort: a team of four unpacked the entire 26-foot truck in a matter of hours! Brandon did a wonderful job packing the truck and securing sections down.

Brandon displaying his muscular physique before unloading Big Bird 1.
He's proud. And should be!
It truly was a group effort. 

Dad and Brandon unloading the elliptical beast.
THANK YOU, guys, for getting 'er done! 

The unpacking team:
Ken, Joshua, mom, Brandon, & dad.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Congratulations on the move Linda! I know Laura is so happy to have you nearby. I'm sure it will also be a comfort to you to be close. Hope you enjoy the new home! Amber

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear the move is over and
that your wonderful family and friends helped.
We all should count our blessings.
Aunt Billie sends her prayers and
love to you. Proud of your good
sense of humor. You are so brave.
I am proud of you. Hugs.

Linda said...

I am still overwhelmed by the family members, friends and acquaintances who volunteered to do whatever they could to help get me to Colorado - in fairly quick fashion! Brandon packed Big Bird 1 expertly and made the drive from OK to CO twice - wow - is that awesome or what? Lori Knighton and my neighbor Karen Sturtz and her family helped pack, load and keep the house in Norman functioning when I wasn't there to take of things. Also a BIG thank you to the umloading team you see pictured here: Ken Aso, Joshua Ayson, Brandon Bull, and Joe Moody. Now that the move is complete, there are several family members putting their organizational skills to good use to help me feel like I'm at home at Briarwood: Laura & Joshua, Adam Moody, and Sandy Bull. It's still a work in progress, and I am SO happy to be here and close enough to be at the Ayson's home within minutes. God is good !

Sandy said...

God definately uses people as vessels to help us! A huge "THANK YOU" also goes to Julie Bull and Mike Mullins,(her dad...Brandon's father-in-law). Mike took a "vacation" day from work for an EARLY drive from Tulsa with Julie for the hot day of loading the truck. Mike and Brandon were in that hot box most of the day (107 degrees, I think)! Great vacation? Julie filled in all day in whatever the need was! Heart thanks to everyone who helped!