August 29, 2011

It's Been Brought-en!

Hey all~
Got a surprise late afternoon phone call from a woman who felt it necessary to call me. She had the radiologist's report in-hand (from my MRI this morning). In June, my main tumor (the "Big One") measured 4.0cm x 2.9cm x 2.5cm. She wanted to call to tell me some good news - the type of news she could tell I hadn't gotten much of along this journey thus far. I am so thankful she decided to call; she didn't have to today.

First of all: AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH - yes, Yes, YES!!! The best news so far along this journey:

The Big One is now measuring in at: 2.4cm x 1.7cm x 1.5cm. A decent decrease is now evident in the metabolic activity of this crap inside of me. Hallelujah! All other areas of enhancement (in my breast and my effected lymph nodes) on the MRI also show similar decrease in size/activity.

I feel like my roller-coaster chemo ride is vindicated by this news. And it is awesome to have solid, non-biased evidence that I have dealt this cancer crap a swift round of jab-cross-hook-uppercut punches! After an exhilarating weekend recharging and reconnecting with Joshua, and now this dynamite news, I am ready not only for tomorrow's chemo session, but for the remaining two treatments afterwards. Bring it. 


In case I forget or am feeling low, this mug reminds me:
I have the strength.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Good news Laura !!!
Aunt Billie was happy to
to hear it.
You are still in all our prayers.
Love ya,

Sarah and Family said...

WHOO-HOO!!!!!!

Chana said...

Awesome!!!!!!

~ AKJ ~ said...

WaHOOOOO!!! Doing a little happy dance at my desk! You're amazing - A fighting spirit proving itself!

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy for you. This is absolutely wonderful news. I follow your story every day and your strength of purpose is inspiring. Go Girl!!

Nina Johnson said...

Thank you for taking the time to share this awesome news. Death to the Tata evil-doers! :)

Sandy said...

Definitely ANSWERED PRAYER! I am so very thankful...still on my knees!

Monica said...

THAT TOTALLY ROCKS LAURA!!!!!!!!!! THIS MAKES MY DAY FOR SURE!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL. KNOCK'EM DEAD!

Brandon said...

Excellent news Laura. Julie and I are pumped for you and Josh. Your endurance, and the various support of others (tangible or not) seem to be working so I encourage everyone to stay the course in whatever roll they are assuming in this battle!

Very, Very happy for you two.

Vickie Aversman said...

Fantastic News! Still keeping you in my prayers.

Mandi George said...

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!! I KNEW/KNOW ALL ALONG YOU'RE GOING TO KICK CANCER'S ASS!!!!! YIPPEE!!!

Mandi George said...

JUST HAD TO POST SOMETHING AGAIN IN RESPONSE TO YOUR GOOD, GREAT NEWS!!! YIPPEE LAURA!! YOU'RE AMAZING!! ROCK ON!

Amber said...

Awesome awesome awesome! So happy! What wonderful news! Thanks so much for letting us all know! If anyone can kick this crap's butt, it's you! XOXO, Am

Cindy said...

You go girl!! A big WOO HOO for you!

Laura said...

Makes me smile seeing everyone else do an electronic fist pump upon reading this post. It's awesome to have your support - tangible and not! Happy day...