October 13, 2011

Time for an Early Weekend!

Talk about fashion!
While it doesn't do much for the figure,
it's got an easy access front that the doctor loves.
We're headed out today for a mini vacation in the mountains. I am not taking my computer - it's time to unplug and enjoy nature, the chill in the air, each other, and time away from the daily grind at home. We're both excited and hope to enjoy some hikes. I feel like I'll be able to put in some decent mileage on the trails...so long as it's not too steep. That's still difficult for me to handle post-chemo.

Had a pre-op yesterday with the general surgeon. Nothing mind blowing was gleaned from the appointment. I'll have some bloodwork done next week to make sure everything is still thumbs up for surgery on the 25th. We did some recon at the hospital where I'll have my surgery. I was shown where I'll check in, the waiting rooms, the intake rooms, the surgery corridor, the recovery area, and a room among the post-op rooms where I'll spend the night. It felt good to see and become familiar with those surroundings prior to the morning of my surgery.
 
Pictures from the Bye-Bye Boobies Bash may or may not appear on the blog. Depends on how ruckus and inappropriate we are.  :) 

Next week will be a bit more full of appointments than this past one. (Part of me is happy for the diversion.) One appointment is a pre-op with the plastic surgeon; we do have considerably more questions for him. If we learn anything new from that appointment, we'll post it here.

So...I hope everyone else gets to get out and enjoy their weekend.

Below are some shots taken on a recent day road trip. We went west to Fairplay, then north to Breckenridge and back home. It was blissful to take in some gorgeous sights of turning aspens and incredible vistas.



4 comments:

monica said...

Nature is the cure-all! You go girl and just do what you need to do! Good for you for escaping w/o computers, etc. Enjoy your bonding with nature and Joshua. LOVE those aspens!

Are you really having a Bye-Bye Boobies Bash ? :)

mandi said...

Fresh air is always so great for the soul! Have a wonderful trip! YOu deserve it!!
Do you have hair on your head?? It looks like in this lastest photo you posted you have hair. ???
You are always in my thoughts!!

Amber said...

Hope you have a wonderful getaway! You guys deserve it! Amber

Laura said...

Monica: Being outdoors felt wonderful! Such beauty... And yes, I really had a bye-bye get-together. :)

Mandi: Very little hair! It's like a halo of thin baby fuzz that's started growing. Other than that, I'm still bald and wear hats or covering of some sort every day now that it's cold.