October 2, 2011

Final Neulasta Shot

The day after my last treatment, I went back into the office for my final Neulasta shot - yay! This is the shot that, while it helps boost my WBC count, also gives way to joint pain (of which I'm not particularly a fan). Go, white blood cells, go!
I managed to get Pam to stay still for a minute to take a picture.
Pam is a busy woman, handling scheduling and a litany of phone calls every day.
She's a wealth of information and knows her stuff.

Seeing Ellen that day was great; my chemo journey had come full circle: my first treatment was administered by Ellen, and she was there on my last day of treatment, too. How cool!

The legendary Ellen (a.k.a. "Small but Mighty" and "Mighty Mouse").
She may look little, but she's got a big personality!  :)
I liked giving her a good squeeze.


Pseudo-cheerleading with spirit fingers.
We're cheesy and we love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo for joint pain, but Yay for the white blood cell boost! Woo! Spirit Fingers for the Last One!

Laura said...

Anon: right on! WAHOO!!