February 7, 2012

Another Chili Day


Today's high is supposed to be 25 and it's snowing again. Brr - that's chilly! Time to stay indoors and enjoy warm food and drinks.

Sitting around waiting to hear about yesterday's test results, whether I'm part of the trial or not, and - if so - which group I've been randomized into doesn't sound good to me. Time to busy myself with setting up future house cleaning appointments, organizing my "cancer handbook" binder, and doing top secret preparations for Joshua's birthday.

---busy and then a phone call---

It's now official: I am part of the clinical trial and will begin Monday morning as scheduled. No word yet on which arm of the study I'll be in (Group A or B); I should get a phone call about that tomorrow. So hang on - here we go, folks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Onward we go. What do we consider this next step -- phase IV in Operation: Kick the crap out of cancer? -GA

Sandy said...

OK...as your Pa-Pa would say..."roll up those sleeves and let's go!" As I would say...I love you...praying with you and for you...and...believing! Have a great day with that great man of yours! It is his day today! :)

Amber said...

Congratulations! So glad you heard back. Will sure be thinking of you next week.

~ AKJ ~ said...

Woohoo! Onward indeed!

Nina Johnson said...

Will be thinking of you Laura as you step into this next phase. Happy Birthday to Joshua!

Laura said...

GA- YES! This is Phase IV! Thank you for calling it out. :)

Sandy - thanks. We had a great bday celebration for Joshua. Mmm...sushi!

Thanks to others for your supportive words. It helps dissipate the nerves at the moment.

Mandi said...

Oh yippee!! That's great Laura! This will be the best phase yet!

Mandi