February 14, 2012

My Freaky Valentine

My freaky valentine.
He's crazy - and all mine!
Who's yours?
Much love to all of you, dear blog readers. And may you know you are loved today!

So far, I'm floating along pretty well after yesterday's infusion. I'd give yesterday an 8 out of 10 rating (with 10 being normal). I did manage to sleep for 4 hours straight! Pretty good while pumped up with steroids. I also got 2 more hours from 7-9am.

Today, so far, I'd rate today at a 7-8ish on the 10 point scale. I'm FULL of anti-nausea meds. To the brim! I mean, seriously. (Anti-nausea a.k.a. butt clampers to me.) Luckily, my good friend, the anti-constipation fairy, visited me TWICE already today. TMI? Get used to it.

Today's agenda so far has been mild. I'm happy to say that I walked 3+ miles on the treadmill, which felt great and also helps with digestion. (hint, hint) Mom is hanging around with me today and tomorrow to make sure I don't fall into pukey-land all by myself. It's nice and comforting to have her company while going through this first cycle. Even though I know the first cycle is by far the easiest!

No big plans for V-day, other than saying I love my husband beyond what I'm able to convey through words. I'm fighting for me, but also for him. I love you, babe.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Arriba, arriba! Mucho amor para ti!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day dear "niece"
Hope all future treatments will be
successful and NO Stress. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hooray the fairy came!:) happy v-day-freaky dudes are the best! Xx kim

Amber said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I think our sweet freaks would get along great! You guys are so cute. XOXO

Alexis said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling good at levels of 7-8. No need to worry about TMI, you're blogging about all that you're going through and unfortunately nausea & constipation sometimes show their ugly faces. I hope all continues to go well with your clinical trial.

Sandy said...

Laura, I am very thankful "all is well" so far - a very good report! I must say, I read your posts and find myself looking at the screen with a smile...you have a gift of expression! I know most of us cannot even imagine or feel what you are going through, because you are sharing with "light and life" and your blogs are "informative" but FUN to read! I have no idea how you do it!!! I love you...I see you! Aunt Sandy