February 28, 2012

Feb 25/26 Weekend

I've fallen off the blogging bandwagon recently. Sorry for going AWOL on you.

After the first week of Cisplatin fatigue, I began to gain my energy back and have been enjoying living life since. Truly, this first round of the clinical trial has been amazing in a positive way. I was ready to endure its harsh effects (nausea, vomiting, etc.) and was lucky that the heavy, incapacitating nausea and vomiting never hit hard. I felt extremely fatigued for a good week after the first infusion, and am still experiencing high-pitched tinnitus (ear ringing). Other than that, I've bounced back nicely. It felt so great to be able to go to Pilates class last Monday and yesterday. If I can do it - I want to!


We made a mini road trip down to Colorado Springs to meet up with James Rollins, my supervisor & mentor at a previous job in Washington. We hadn't seen him in nearly 8 years! It was great to meet up in person, get caught up on each other's lives, and share a meal together. Thanks for fitting us in, James!

My view at lunch. Not too shabby!
After we parted ways with James, Joshua and I decided to go to Garden of the Gods. We walked a few trails, took some pictures, and enjoyed the plentiful sunshine. What an amazing day! Pikes Peak was in full view, too.
People were climbing the rock in the background!

One of the many red rock formations in the park.

Enjoying an afternoon away from home together.

These fuzzy things looked like magic feathers to me.
You can see beauty not only looking up,
but also when you look down.

The tree in this picture amazed me. The rock formation is quite high and doesn't look like a hospitable place to grow. Still, a tree of this size speaks to Mother Nature's tenacity. Being outdoors, away from home, and getting Vitamin D through the "old school" sunshine method was the right thing to do last weekend!

3 comments:

~ AKJ ~ said...

This post just makes me all 'round happy.

Amber said...

So glad you enjoyed such a nice day! How fabulous! Glad you are doing so well-you deserved that rewarding day. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. It looks like it was a fun, enjoyable, and gorgeous day.