June 20, 2011

An Interesting Evening...in a good way

Mom and dad are both in town. To be more specific, they are both staying at our place for the next couple/few nights. They've decided that they're both on a mission to help me/us with this whole cancer thing, and it's comforting to know I'll be beginning the chemotherapy journey with both of them. Much like how I began my life with them! Thank you both for setting aside any weirdnesses to be with me and be supportive. I'm fortunate to have you two with me as I take a big step forward.

Tomorrow morning at 9am our time, I'll begin chemotherapy. It should last several hours. I may feel effects immediately, or within the first 24 hours. Or I may not have much of a reaction until a few days later. We'll just have to see. I feel your well wishes and will call upon the helpful words of support you have shared with me in my times of need. I'm excited and a bit freaked about seeing how this whole port implant thing goes tomorrow on its first run with "golden healing fluid."

Wednesday, I have a few appointments set up; it will be a big day, too. I will receive an injection of Neulasta to help my body produce more white blood cells. I will also have an ultrasound on the "suspicious" lymph node in my right underarm area. If the ultrasound leaves any questions about what is going on inside of that lymph node, I have a biopsy scheduled not much after the ultrasound appointment - "just in case." Hope to not have to have that, but if it will answer any questions, I suppose it's a good thing to do as soon as possible.

That's it. Time to hit my comfy bed with my lovely husband. Night, mom and dad. Goodnight, everyone. Will have another update tomorrow.

5 comments:

Monica said...

Laura, I'll be thinking of you (always!) and sending good thoughts your way on Tuesday! It sounds like you have great support (nothing like having mom and dad there!), too. Enjoy your comfy bed. Take care and thank you for keeping us posted!
Lots of love coming your way,
Monica

Sandy said...

I am so glad you are all there together! I just sent you an email then checked your blog and found this neat last post. Once again...Ready...Set...Break! Go for it! Let's get this done and over! :) I love you so much and am SO VERY PROUD OF YOU! My love and prayers, Aunt Sandy

Heidi said...

Hi dear Laura, I am a good friend of your Mother-in-law (Anneliese) I did meet you once before, you are a sweet heart.....I want you to know that you and Joshua are in our prayers....You are a very strong Lady and I know in my heart that you will come out of this stronger....Our daughter-in-law went through the same thing, so I know it is not easey....You have a good attitude about it, and a sweet husband on your side...God will be with you both and give you strength...God bless you,hugs to both of you,♥♥ Heidi & Juan♥♥

Chana said...

You are such an inspiration...

Laura said...

It is wonderful to have parental support - and uplifting comments on this blog!