June 13, 2011

PET/CT scan

Me getting "hot."
Quick update:
Headed to Littleton Adventist Hospital this morning. Drank a barium mocha malt. Felt like 64oz, but was probably only 16oz. Wasn't too bad. A nice lady found a good vein in my right arm and I soon got radioactive. (See picture - radioactive junk was in the metal toolbox.) And glucosed. 

Then watched HGTV for 45min to let the glorified sugar water do its thing. 


PET/CT scan was 12min. Went great! Pretty peaceful and MUCH more quiet than the MRI magnet-o machine. 
The lovely PET/CT scanning machine. High-tech stuff, this is!
That's all for now. Mom and I are headed to SkyRidge Hospital to check out the Cancer Resource Center. No results until tomorrow - most likely. Will update when we know more.

1 comment:

Vickie Aversman said...

Laura: I am so glad you are sharing the photos and comments with everyone (don't we live in a wonderful age where this is possible?) It makes it seem like we are more "there" with you. You are in my prayers today sweetie. You surely can feel everyone's love. I believe that will work some wonderful medicine along with everything else you are doing. Take care. Love, Vickie