June 15, 2011

Plans

Okay. You all probably know me pretty well. I like creative stuff. And I enjoy organizing. Nearly a contradiction there, but believe me - it works. I also enjoy planning. I like using Google calendar, and think it's fantastic to share various calendars with Joshua and family members. I have each calendar represented by a different color; each color signifies something (to me) that makes sense to match up to the unique calendars. It's great.

Google's calendaring functions also please me when making plans. For instance, my future plans included:
  • going to Oklahoma soon to help my mom pack boxes for her move
  • visiting family in Washington for 4th of July
  • camping this summer
  • hiking a 14er this summer - with Adam and Jeney, too
  • moving my mom from Oklahoma to Colorado - a kick-ass road trip with Adam and mom
  • "working" with Joshua (said with a wink) to try to get pregnant
  • taking an "us" road trip vacation together
These were my plans. But I realize now that they are not THE plan. My plans have changed. They've morphed and shifted. THE plan is to have breast cancer and go through the journey that it presents. THE plan has always been this way; I just didn't know it. 

I mourn for my well-laid plans. I mean, I was really looking forward to some cool stuff this summer and had hopes for some other type of major news to share with everyone. Well, this is the new norm for now. And while I may not be able to accomplish or experience some things I had so carefully planned, I will be able to experience some crazy new stuff that not many others in my immediate circle have - so there! And you bet Joshua and I will have a vacation together once treatment is over!   

I am already convinced that there are silver linings - blessings - to these clouds that appeared above my sunshiny plans. THE plan will give me the opportunity to learn so many powerful things! Things about life, love, and the value of human connection. 


Love to all~

5 comments:

Laura Bee said...

I know that both your creativity and your organization will serve you well during this time. xo, Laura

PS - I wasn't familiar with Google calendar, but I need to check it out. I don't think I'll be able to have such stellar organization and color-coding, but a girl can try!

Linda said...

Snickles, you have so much wisdom. We'll go where this plan takes us, with grace, humor, and strength -- all of which I admire in you!

Jeney said...

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill


Girl....you got attitude.

(in a kick-ass way)

Rachel said...

Laura Loo,

I too love Google Calendar and use it to keep my family organized (hee hee).

THE Plan takes precedence now, kick cancer's butt, but your other plans are still on the list...and you will still have exciting news to share with family and friends :)

Honey is on the way, should be there tomorrow. From our bees to your body, a healing nectar. Let us know when you are out, and more will fly it's way to you.

Rach

Laura said...

Laura Bee: DEFINITELY check out Google calendar. It's so nerdy cool - surely you'll fall for it, too!

Jeney: Still kicking a$$. One day at a time.

Rach: Why am I not surprised you use it, too? Birds of a feather...