July 11, 2011

Larry's Cut

A few days ago, I received a Facebook alert that I had been tagged in a photo. Larry Vaughn (Rachel's dad, see previous blog post The Vaughn & Jones Family Cuts) tagged a buzz cut photo of himself to show support for me. What a pleasant surprise!

Larry and his wife, Mickey have known me since I was in elementary school. That didn't seem like such a long time ago until I typed that sentence! They are great folks with big hearts. For instance, when Joshua and I were both laid off from our jobs, Mickey helped us develop a budget for us to live on through the "rough patch." Larry also offered Joshua an important lesson in electrical work! Aaah, the memories. :)


I appreciate your support, Larry. Both through your hair cut and your emails/comments. 

And Mickey: thank you for the inspirational words that I often view in our den:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain.


No comments: