July 13, 2011

Yesterday was a Weak Day

Get it? - A weak day? Weekday? Get it?! Ar, ar, ar...I'm so punny!

Yesterday I felt like I got smacked upside the head with a dose of reality. It was harsh. I set out in the morning to do a DVD workout that I had done just about 2 weeks ago with great success. This particular DVD is low impact, decent cardio+strength+push-ups+sit-ups. A good all-around workout and something I know I can do.

Long story short, I had to take a 5-10 minute breather right before the strength training portion began to slow down my heart and gain the stamina to finish the workout. I haven't ever had to stop the DVD before. Well, ok...maybe I had before - for a phone call!

I just couldn't compute why I felt so zapped of strength and stamina. Guess my second chemo treatment's effects are somewhat still lingering.  :(  It's one thing to hear about the "cumulative effects" and another to live them through. Don't take this as me faltering in my objective: I am committed.

The final analysis: I just didn't like what I experienced yesterday. Not at all. And it seemed to effect the rest of my day - physically and mentally. It was a weak day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl!!!

xoxoxo Harp

Linda said...

WOW...I admire you SO very much for doing as much as you did with the workout! And...even loading the DVD! I have not been doing so well, but I am getting good exercise lifting boxes! It is going well and I think we will be ready for the truck! We will sleep well tonight! It was a "garage" day today! Oh My!
I love you, gal!!!! Aunt Sandy

Kimberley said...

So so admire your dedication to exercise!! Hang in there...another awesome day will come soon and you'll kick some DVD bootie!! Meewah!!

Rachel said...

The important part of this is that you started the DVD and did as much as you could! You are heads and tails ahead of many of us (including me) who aren't summoning the will, strength, time to exercise. In short, you are still an inspiration!

~ AKJ ~ said...

I feel I must say that you show incredible strength on your weak days. Screwing up the brain power to blog, let alone the courage to share your weakness and the physicality of exercising... We can all take a lesson from you in strength.
~Ashley

Amber said...

I'm so impressed you even started the DVD! Your strength and commitment could not be more evident. Hang in there, it sounds like you are due for an upswing on the coaster. XOXO, Amber