July 22, 2011

Ticktock Goes the Clock

The hands on the clock seem to move more slowly when you're waiting for something you're anticipating. This time, it's waiting on Adam to get here.

A picture taken when he visited in mid-June, 2011.
What can I say? We like hamming it up.

I am so looking forward to spending time with him and having some special brother-sister talks together. Some are ones that you wouldn't necessarily want to have (life and death stuff), but it's good to put it out there, cover the hard subjects, and have that behind us. The other conversations I'm looking forward to are just normal, everyday ones - joking around, hamming it up, and hearing of his plans for the future.

This visit will be a little different: Adam will be driving here in his well-packed 4Runner with Jeney, a special woman in his life. She's full of spunk and energy and will no doubt help pass the time quickly on the long drive he's ultimately making from Portland to New York (with intermittent stops - one is here for a few days). Yay!

One of my favorite pictures of Adam & Jeney.
Taken on a hike together in the Northwest.


May you all have safe travels on your way east. I'm looking forward to seeing you both and making some more great memories in-between chemo treatments.

1 comment:

Derek and Misako said...

Hi Laura and Josh,
Famous ancient Dad put me onto to your superb blog and I had already sent a bunch of E-mails from my good friend in Lake Oswego, Maureen (Mo) Goeth who had identical diagnosis and who is just completing going through what Laura is currently enduring and after Chemo and surgery has now been pronounced CANCER FREE!! I would suggest that Mo's and Laura's doctor exchange notes if Laura's doctor agrees.
Hope that all this is of help and a cheering up note. I exect that famous/infamos Father and Miyako san will be sending on all the stuff I have sent to them. And I have had tweo bouts of bladder cancer and am a survivor too. After my urologist shoved his mighty catheter up my wilting pecker a few times, I told him that I thought we should be on first name terms. He is wonderful as is Mo's doctor.
Keep fighting, Laura and know you are in our thoughts and prayers every day and we know you can and will win.
All love,
Derek and Misako