July 19, 2011

Miyako's Cut

Miyako's hair before.
There have been certain buzz cuts I expected to see. Others have surprised me a bit. This particular cut falls into the total surprise category - really! Miyako, unbeknownst to me, made some sort of pact with Adam (my brother) to shave her head. She said this happened early on; I'm guessing soon after my diagnosis.

Anyway, while visiting us this past week, she asked the barber of the house to do his buzz cut number on her. After much delay and a little coaxing, he gave in and became...Sweeny Joshua! (Minus the whole violence part.)





It all began so innocently...
a little buzz here, and a little buzz there...

Look at all that hair!
Are you sure you wanted to do this?


She's still all smiles.
Momo is wondering if she's next.
Miyako, thanks for your great display of solidarity with me. You look beautiful with and without your hair. Somewhat like a Buddhist nun, like we talked about. Welcome to the free A/C club. I think you'll like it throughout the summer.

2 comments:

Miyako said...

Laura, I like my cut. It's so easy to wash and dry fast! Just towel dry only. No more noisy hair dryer necessary. Thank you Joshua for the good job you did. First night I got back to NW, it was cold and woke me up during the night. I had to put bandana around my head. I'm all for supporting Laura's treatment. Some people kindly told me I look beautiful(?). I think Laura looks beautiful with or without hair definitely.

Amber said...

You look so beautiful! Laura, you are surrounded by people with beautiful heads! What wonderful support! :)